One of my favorite ways to celebrate my birthday now is with a nail polish swap. Ever since last year, when I rekindled my love for polish and became fascinated with the #Nailluminati (i.e. nail bloggers) I have enjoyed hunting and shopping for colors. The greatest deal of all is when they are brought to your door for free!
1. Blues and greens I am curious about. How do they compare to what I already own?
2. Essies I do not yet own nor had I ever heard of before today! Can’t wait to swatch these for you! I’m an Essie collector at heart.
3. Vintage bottles I couldn’t let be donated to the sidewalk. What if they’re worth something on eBay? When were they born? What stories can they tell?
4. An Essie Tart Deco dupe (Revlon Peachy), a black from a Sally Hansen line I love, and varying colors with cool finishes
5. Pinks and nudes I need to compare with my inventory (plus Sinful Colors Glass Pink is back in my life bc I felt bad taking such a classic back to the drug store)
What a fun day! This year I moved it out of my house and into a coffee shop so I could invite more people. I offered raffle prizes to share the things I love that make my manicures fun. My goal is to move the swap to a large enough venue that I can make it an event open to the public. But I want to be sure to keep things fair with what people bring and score, so no one hogs all the high-end colors. Weigh in with your ideas in the comments!